Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
ArticlesSection default policy
It is assumed that submitted articles have not been published elsewhere and that they are not under consideration for publication by other journals. The author should state whether s/he is publishing related articles elsewhere. Articles are considered for publication on the understanding that the author retains his/her copyright. Authors will be asked to sign a copyright agreement to this effect. All authors should agree to this assignment. For jointly authored papers the first author may sign the agreement on behalf of the co-author, provided that s/he obtains their written or verbal consent for copyright assignment. Where copyright is not owned by the author(s), e.g. where an article is written by an author in course of his/her employment, the form should be signed by the copyright holder’s authorized agent.
The copyright assignment form includes a plagiarism declaration. The copyright assignment form and notes accompanying it will be sent to you by the Editor when the paper is accepted for publication. If you would like to see a copy of the form and note about the assignment in advance, please contact the Editor at The Centre for Advanced Studies of African Society (CASAS). Requests for permission to reproduce any part of papers published in Tinabantu – Journal of Advanced Studies of African Society should be addressed to the Editor.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.