Information For Authors
Information For Authors
Interested in submitting to this journal?
All submissions should be written in English. Articles should be between 4,000 and 6,000 words, including footnotes. Case notes should not exceed 4,000 words. Comments should not exceed 2,000 words. When submitting your contribution, please ensure that it complies fully with ESSLJ’s house style. An abstract of 250-300 words should also be included as well as 10 key words.
ESSLJ House Style
A copy of the ESSLJ house style can be found on the Author Guidelines page.
We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process.
The ESSLJ will not accept nor publish any plagiarised submissions. Please ensure that your submission is free of plagiarism.
Guidelines for ESSLJ
The Editors of Emerging Scholar Student Law Journal (ESSLJ) encourage the submission of journal articles in English for publication in our journal.
Journal Articles submitted will be considered for publication in ESSLJ on the following conditions:
- Only by virtue of assurance that the article has not in whole or part been submitted for publication or published elsewhere
- On the understanding that it may be submitted in confidence to an editor of ESSLJ for evaluation
- On the understanding that editors reserve the right to make possible changes where necessary to:
- view the article through the lens of the house style of the ESSLJ
- to improve the writing style
- eliminate possible grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors
- eliminate the possibility of plagiarism and to produce accuracy
Authors are required to read their articles to avoid the need for editors to exercise these rights. At all times, authors are dissuaded from plagiarising. This may be done through ensuring accurate referencing where necessary, and ensuring that all sources reflect accurately in the bibliography submitted.
Author/s who aspire to submit a journal article to ESSLJ are required to acquaint themselves with the house style of the journal. A comprehensive guideline appears below:
- All submissions must be in Microsoft Word format (English SA or English UK).
- Journal articles submitted should average between 4000-6000 words (including footnotes) in length.
- The author is responsible for ensuring that the article remains within the word limit.
- Footnotes must be numbered correctly and consecutively.
- Font style and size should be at Arial or Times New Romans 12pt, 1.5 spacing, with indented text at 11pt, and footnote text at 10pt.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
The editors of ESSLJ reserve the right to modify articles that have successfully passed through the peer-review process, in conformity with the house style, to improve accuracy, and to bring the journal in line with the tenets of plain legal language.